We must extend our thanks:
- Jeff and Jerry Monson (from the Jamestown S'Klallam) for a wonderful display of carving and carving tools. Jeff showed a fully carved mask and was hard at work on an Orca (I think). I know that several woodworkers were buying blades from them. You'll be able to learn knifemaking from them in late March or the middle of April.
- Greg Kossow (currently baking on a beach in Hawaii) sent some wonderful Windsor chairs and a prototype of a chair that may be the basis for a chair making course in the summer.
- A very big hand of thanks to Will O'Donnel of the Mt Townsend Creamery for a wonderful donation of cheese which we paired with bread from Pane D'Amore.
- To our wives and families for keeping the event fuelled ( I think there was only one emergency run for more wine).
- To our local papers - the Port Townsend Leader and the Peninsula Daily News for wonderful stories and pictures last week. Thanks Patrick and Jennifer.
- To the Fort Worden Staff and management for helping us through all the hurdles to get ready.
- Finally to everybody who attended the Grand Opening - your enthusiasm for our venture really made our day.