Fort Worden State Park
We are proud to be a partner at Fort Worden
-- a WWI era military base now operating as a lifelong center and outdoor recreation area.
Fort Worden offers:
- Beach and Forest campsites
- Residential accommodations
- A working lighthouse at Point Wilson
- Centrum’s world-class art and music programs
- Encounter local sealife in touch tanks, learn about the Salish Sea the Port Townsend Marine Science Center.
- Enjoy an Art Class at the Port Townsend School of the Arts
- Fresh Local Food at the Commons
- A lovely beach-walk to Victorian seaport of Port Townsend
- Coast Artillery Museum - wonderful collection of artifacts and memorabilia the military era at the Fort.
- Walk the trails through the Fort to visit the extensive Bunkers and Batteries.
- Drop in and longer classes on Movement, Dance and Yoga at Madrona MindBody Institute
- Peninsula College - the old Schoolhouse houses courses from our local Community College.
- Fort Worden is the home to Goddard College's NW Residency Site
- Home of the internationally renowned poetry publisher - Copper Canyon Press
- The Rhododendron Garden is a gardener's dream from February to July each year.
- Public Transport links Fort Worden to downtown Port Townsend