Fort Worden State Park
We are proud to be a partner at Fort Worden
-- a WWI era military base now operating as a lifelong center and outdoor recreation area.
Fort Worden offers:
- Beach and Forest campsites
- Residential accommodations
- A working lighthouse at Point Wilson
- Centrum’s world-class art and music programs
- Encounter local sealife in touch tanks, learn about the Salish Sea at the Port Townsend Marine Science Center.
- Enjoy an Art Class at the Port Townsend School of the Arts
- Fresh Local Food at Reveille at the Commons and Taps at the Guard House. (scroll down the page for menus)
- A lovely beach-walk to Victorian seaport of Port Townsend
- Coast Artillery Museum - wonderful collection of artifacts and memorabilia from the military era of the late 1800s to the end of World War II at the Fort.
- Walk the trails through the Fort to visit the extensive Bunkers and Batteries.
- Drop in and longer classes on movement, dance and yoga at Madrona MindBody Institute
- Peninsula College - In Building 202 since 2017, one of three locations on the Olympic Peninsula for this local community college.
- Fort Worden is the home to Goddard College's NW Residency Site
- Home of the internationally renowned poetry publisher - Copper Canyon Press
- The Rhododendron Garden is a gardener's dream from February to July each year.
- Public Transport links Fort Worden to downtown Port Townsend