We are excited to announce that we have just received approval to accept students receiving funding under the GI Bill. Please bear with us as we get up to speed with the new system!
We are currently able to accept students under the GI Bill for the following classes:
- Foundations of Woodworking 12 Week Intensive
- Furniture Making: Finding Your Voice 12 Week Intensive
- Design/Build Studio 4 Week Intensive
Several additional courses are currently under review and may be available soon.
- Tiny Homes
- Timber Framing
- Hybrid Woodworking
- 3 Week Hand Tool Series (Including Hand Tool Heaven, Hand Tool Heaven II, and one Joinery Essentials course)
What can you do to get ready?
- Read the course descriptions in full. See links above.
- Make sure you have your Certificate of Eligibility through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education Services. Questions? Call 888-442-4551.
- Preview the course applications:
- Foundations of Woodworking - application overview
- Furniture Making: Finding Your Voice - application overview
- Design/Build Studio - No application required. See Prerequisites
VA students can read more about our student policies in our vocational catalog.
See our vocational catalog.
If you would like to receive news and updates about receiving benefits, you can join our GI Bill mailing list here:
Rita Frangione, Veteran Resources & VET Connect
Rita is the Veterans Outreach Coordinator for Vet Connect, a local veteran service group associated with Olympic Community Action Programs. Rita has over 30 years experience as a vocational rehabilitation counselor working in medical, industrial, private and non-profit settings. She is retired from the US Department of Veterans Affairs where she counseled disabled veterans in their planning for education, training and employment. Rita has a Master of Science degree in Vocational Rehabilitation from the University of Wisconsin-Stout and is a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor.